A few years ago, I bought a pair of shoes from The Walking Company that I wear only occasionally, mostly for dress occasions. Recently I was giving a formal presentation to about 50 people, and as I stepped from one side of the slide show to point something out, the sole of my shoe ripped completely away--it just stayed where it was while my foot went forward. Needless to say, it was an embarrassing incident.
When I contacted The Walking Company, I was informed that because the shoes were several years old, they would not repair them or otherwise make good on their name. For the record, I have owned a couple of pairs of Bally shoes for over 30 years, and I have had them re-soled and re-heeled several times. In the case of the Walking Company's shoes, the glue was clearly defective, yet they have expressed no readiness to admit this nor to make good on my purchase.
Is it just me, or has the American consumer just totally capitulated to lousy quality from China, which stockholders in The Walking Company are perfectly happy to push along to all of us, since we now have so few alternatives?
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Review category
- Footwear and Clothing
You May Also Like
- "I walked in planning to sell three shirts I had never sold anything to platos closet before. so the lady very rudely explains to me it has to be in..."
- "I stumbled upon Dresslily and thought it was a dream come true. The clothes were beautiful and not very expensive. I found a coat I absolutely adored so my mom..."
- "Got scammed in Irvine yesterday 10/6/15 on Culver drive, small shopping center. Italian rep coming from fashion show.... Looking for JW airport to catch is flight to Ny and Milano.... He wanted to..."
- "I had a flight from Chicago on 09/04/2013 at 8:10 AM with flt 184 from Southwest airlines. In their terms & conditions you should be at the door at least..."
- "They have terrible customer support, I have 2 items that I asked over 2?month and still no knews. I'am not getting anything else form them...."
- "I wish people would learn to read. I hsd no trouble with the company and i use instaflex advanced and it really works...."
- "Not much to say (there 4 pictures taken on the same visit say it all). I have been consistently disappointed in the quality of veggies and produce at the..."
- "Better use consignee rather than your own people which not taking care and stealing the contents of the box. batter add precautions and implement rules to avoid this kind of..."
- "RENEE HAS CURSED ME OUT INSULTED ME RELIGIOUSLY AND RACIALLY WHILE SHE WAS UNDER PRESSURE OF LOSING CONTRACTS I HAVE TO ALSO SEEN HER GO THROUGH THE RESIDENTS PERSONAL BELONGINGS..."