A few years ago, I bought a pair of shoes from The Walking Company that I wear only occasionally, mostly for dress occasions. Recently I was giving a formal presentation to about 50 people, and as I stepped from one side of the slide show to point something out, the sole of my shoe ripped completely away--it just stayed where it was while my foot went forward. Needless to say, it was an embarrassing incident.
When I contacted The Walking Company, I was informed that because the shoes were several years old, they would not repair them or otherwise make good on their name. For the record, I have owned a couple of pairs of Bally shoes for over 30 years, and I have had them re-soled and re-heeled several times. In the case of the Walking Company's shoes, the glue was clearly defective, yet they have expressed no readiness to admit this nor to make good on my purchase.
Is it just me, or has the American consumer just totally capitulated to lousy quality from China, which stockholders in The Walking Company are perfectly happy to push along to all of us, since we now have so few alternatives?
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Review category
- Footwear and Clothing
You May Also Like
- "FALSE ADVERTISEMENT!! I don't usually write reviews, however this website deserves one. I had four girls purchase bridesmaids dresses for my wedding because the pictures online look amazing. Although, when..."
- "After 15 months, my Asics running shoes fell apart. I'm a very casual runner and I don't ever run more than 3miles. My hand goes through the top, like a..."
- "I ordered and paid for a dress from Modlily. I expected a silky/satin well made champagne coloured dress (see first photo). What actually arrived was a rough see through..."
- "I ordered the free trial and never would believe it made my hair worse!! My hair is falling out!!!! Scream! I pleaded with them for help!! My doctor said it..."
- "After being pleased with six months of Urthbox subscribership, I noticed that the subscription had unexpected renewed itself. I was not too concerned, and asked customer service to please cancel..."
- "I ordered a tempered glass screen protector. I didn't realize it was coming from China, but was prepared to be patient. took 2 weeks to arrive and then was completely..."
- "Took my Aunt to Dr Levy and Associates to get both upper and bottom partial replaced.We reviewed the plans and picked the more expensive to be sure of great results.They..."
- "The paper say one free long window with no strings attached. When the person came to quote on our window and keep on saying he is a manager and give..."
- "I bought a mixed bag of your potato chips at aldi's. And every bag was stale, the date on the bags is sept.06 15...."