A few years ago, I bought a pair of shoes from The Walking Company that I wear only occasionally, mostly for dress occasions. Recently I was giving a formal presentation to about 50 people, and as I stepped from one side of the slide show to point something out, the sole of my shoe ripped completely away--it just stayed where it was while my foot went forward. Needless to say, it was an embarrassing incident.
When I contacted The Walking Company, I was informed that because the shoes were several years old, they would not repair them or otherwise make good on their name. For the record, I have owned a couple of pairs of Bally shoes for over 30 years, and I have had them re-soled and re-heeled several times. In the case of the Walking Company's shoes, the glue was clearly defective, yet they have expressed no readiness to admit this nor to make good on my purchase.
Is it just me, or has the American consumer just totally capitulated to lousy quality from China, which stockholders in The Walking Company are perfectly happy to push along to all of us, since we now have so few alternatives?
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Review category
- Footwear and Clothing
You May Also Like
- " I ordered a dress as a test, (because I wanted to see what kind dress you could get for $13.81) on Aug 5th, because my girlfriend said that she..."
- "Fasionmia.com amazing! you can trust. they sale all type of fashion dress. and very reasonable prices, Some Item is very cheap ,you can not believe. First time i ordered clothes..."
- "DO NOT EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM Modlily. They listed a sweatshirt on their website for $90 original price as being on sale for $15. I thought it looked really warm..."
- "DO NOT LET THESE GUYS TOUCH YOUR CAR! THEY I had my new wheels and tires installed couple of weeks ago and this is what happened - 1. my..."
- "My experience purchasing a Toshiba dryer from HHGregg was pleasant until the installation crews arrived. After a series of complications, finally the third installation crew installed my dryer--but not..."
- "I bought a can of progresso light vegetable soup which contained a rodent of some kind. What should I do ????..."
- "OMG DONT RENT FROM THEM!! They are slum lords! Online the pictures were of a nice house. I rented via internet moving from Florida to Indiana. What I got was..."
- "Every month I have to contact them. They tell me problem is resolved and the next month they do it again. Charges for install and their modem I never got..."
- "I went on to order 2 pieces of pet fillable jewelry for my 2 kids. 1 boy 1 girl. I ordered this keychain for my son it was on sale..."